The 2013 summer schedule is as follows:
June 6 – 14, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
June 15 – 30, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
July 1 – 31, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
August 1-17, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
August 18-31, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
September 1-2, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
CALYPSO THEME WATERPARK ADMISSION
|Tickets||10 a.m. arrival||3 p.m. arrival||Season Pass|
|TALL: 1.32 m and over||$34.51||$27.43||$99.03|
|SMALL: Under 1.32 m||$27.43||$24.78||$79.03|
|SENIOR: 65 years old and over||$27.43||$24.78||$79.03|
|JUNIOR: Under 2 years old||Free||Free||Free|
The park takes cash, debit card, Visa or Mastercard, and they may require proof of age. You can rent individual flotation devices for the entire day at the counter beside the Boutique. Note you have to leave an ID card or a deposit of $40.
Groups of 20 or more receive discounted admission prices. School trips, day camps, and corporate or family events are encouraged to reserve ahead of time.
HOW TO GET TO CALYPSO THEME WATERPARK:
Take Highway 417 east to Exit 79.
Turn left onto Limoges Road northbound.
Take first right onto Calypso Street.
Calypso Park’s entrance is one km on your right.
Parking is available at a daily rate of $8 (cash only). You can use your daily parking coupon to get a discount of $8 for any same-day purchase over $50 at the Calypso’s Friends Boutique. Seasonal parking pass costs $40.
2015 Calypso Street
613.443.9995 or 1.877.443.9995
TOP 12 TIPS FOR ENJOYING THE CALYPSO THEME WATERPARK
- Check online for the ride requirements before heading to the park, to make sure your entire group meets the requirements to slide–you can download the park map from their website to help plan your day.
- Buy tickets in advance to skip lineups at the entrance to the park
- CAA-Quebec members can get a 10% discount on regular admission fees if they purchase their tickets at CAA-Quebec Service Centres.
- The best days to visit the park are actually on overcast days–less lineups! However, in the case of a thunderstorm, the park may shut down rides temporarily, and then re-open when safe to do so. They do not offer refunds for inclement weather though.
- Take advantage of the rides during regular meal hours–again, less lineups!
- Wear comfortable and sensible swimwear. The park does not allow jeans or dresses on the rides. (No swimwear with buttons, snaps, rivets, or zippers are allowed.) Toddlers are required to wear waterproof diapers
- Wear a hat, use sunscreen, and drink lots of water (not pool water). Bring sunglasses, towels, and swimwear.
- They do not allow toys, flotation devices, or children wings in the park–they have items for rental if needed.
- Set up a designated meeting place because the park is HUGE
- Supervise small children at all times. They have certified lifeguards–but they are not babysitters!
- Picnic areas are available, but they do not allow glassware, sharp objects, alcohol, umbrellas, tents, portable radios or portable BBQs.
- Don’t use the slides if you are pregnant, have back problems or a heart condition
Jungle Leaves: Sweet pastries
Main Street Restaurant: Pizzas, hamburgers, sandwiches, salads, ice cream and drinks
Penguins Stop: Frozen treats
South Breeze Bistro: Salad and sandwich lunches
Sweet Treats: Candy apples, popcorn, candy floss, chocolate, etc.
Ulysses Bar & Grill: Bistro-style meals
Hawaiian Beach Bar: Hawaiian-themed refreshments
The VIP Zone gives you access to luxury and private cabanas, centrally located with a panoramic view of the Calypso Theme Waterpark, exclusive menu and concierge services, lounge chairs, fridge, table, and a private surround sound system.
- Clothes Dryers
- Locker Rentals
- Flotation Device rentals
- Free Picnic areas throughout the park
CALYPSO’S FRIENDS BOUTIQUE
A on-site store that sells gift items and essentials that you may have forgotten such as sunscreen, hats, or bottled water.
MONEY AT MY FINGERTIP
Help! How do I carry cash around when I’m wearing a bathing suit? The park owners thought of everything–including this unique way to pay for things at the park–without carrying around your wallet!
With this biometric payment method, you can upload money on your finger and use it at most sales points within the park. There are no user charges and the unused balance is fully refundable at the end of the day or at the end of the season.
You can have more than one user per account and you can verify your balance at any sales point at anytime. All sales transactions issue a receipt with balance. A minimum upload of $20 is required to use this. The technology recognizes 16 points on three skin layers. The fingerprints are not linked to a name, database or any other information and all transactions are secure and can be traced through the transaction history.
Construction began in 2008 and opened on June 7, 2010. Within a month of opening, it became one of the top ten new attractions in Canada. This June, saw the completion of their new 10-storey high Summit Tower complex–the highest free-standing waterslide tower in North America with new waterslides including AquaLoops (2.5 G loop), high speed waterslides for toboggan boats and double inner tubes, and family coiled slides with translucent and closed-off sections.